Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Sensory overload


1. The last sentence of the story says

"I believe that more and more, we are defining our environments not as the spaces themselves, in terms of the buildings or architecture, but rather by the objects and devices that we buy and surround ourselves with. ... I would like that message to carry through universally," Seymour said.

Please write at least 2-3 sentences on what you think about this statement, you should explain why you agree or disagree.

I agree, we have new inventions and a constant outlet for entertainment, admiring architecture seems like an afterthought now. In this age we look at what will entertain us, please us visually, or what we can buy, we no longer look at where we are but what's being held inside. I think that it may be a problem because we're no longer getting the calm of surveying our surroundings.

As an aspiring photographer how does this make you feel about your photography?
I feel like I have to grab the attention of a viewer, as a product would but that my photo wouldn't be interesting enough if it was not showing something a product that could be used by consumers.


2. When you looked through the images, did you want to visit this place and take your camera?
No, I would have wanted to look around at all the little trinkets.

3. What do you think it would be like to be the child of someone who worked at this place?
I think it'd be fun but also overwhelming. I'm guessing parents work long shifts to accommodate so many customers so it'd be boring after a while to be in the same place. It'd be fun if they let you play with the toys or meet other kids. It may be overwhelming to always be surrounded by piles of plastic colors.
4. Please take a screen shot of your favorite image and tell me why it is your favorite.
This is my favorite photo because it looks most intricate, you can see the products in detail and I think that's nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment