Friday, January 10, 2020

Phobia Project

A. 1. What is a Phobia?
A phobia is an extreme fear or anxiety about a situation or object which compels someone to try to avoid it. If a person had to endure their phobia they will likely be in distress.

B. List and define 5 phobias from The Phobia List: http://phobialist.com
Arachnophobia- Fear of spiders
Achluophobia- Fear of darkness
Automysophobia- Fear of being dirty
Carnophobia- Fear of meat
Dendrophobia- Fear of trees


C. Brainstorm on your blog possible ideas for your Phobia photo.
I chose these words above because I can think of things to do with each.
For Arachnophobia I could get a spider and put it on my leg to take a picture, which would spark fear in someone with arachnophobia. Or I could take a picture of one outside.
For achluophobia I could take a picture of one of my family members being visibly in fear of the darkness in a bed, where they'd be trying to cover themselves in a blanket.
For Automysophobia I could take a picture of very dirty hands or feet maybe by walking barefoot in the street.
For carnaphobia I could take a picture of someone looking squeamishly at meat, my sister seems to have this fear a bit.
Dendrophobia is where I can pose someone as seen being afraid of encountering a tree. By walking around it while looking at it fearfully or maybe even stopping in their tracks.
Mychophobia is the fear of mold. I can grow some mold, even though I don't like it.

Figure(s) & Object(s) (which should reveal something of the phobia in the photo)
Format: horizontal vs Vertical
Subject Placement: Rule of Thirds, balance, ???
Background - what will be behind your subjects?
Point of View - where you place the camera, and what perspective do you want your viewers to see?
Lighting: create mood/feeling
Clothing: can suggest personal style/career profession
Subject: mannerism, reactions, expressions and body language

D. What photographic techniques can you use to help highlight your images? Come up with one idea for each of your three photos you will take

Automysophobia- Use viewpoint which highlights the dirty surface but not the full subject.
Achluophobia- Use lighting to capture the essence of the darkness and shadows but make sure you can see the expression of fear.
Mychophobia- Simplicity to capture the mold.

No comments:

Post a Comment