Thursday, January 9, 2020

Welcome back 2020




This is one of my favorites because it demonstrates passion and action in children about an important topic, climate change. I think it's good that someone is voicing their opinion on a great issue and their are many voices.

 I like this photo because of the colors and the happiness shown within it.

I liked this photo because it's the first photo of a black hole and it makes me thing about what lies beyond Earth.


1. Best song of 2019
Sunflower by Post Malone and Swae Lee
I chose this as my favorite song from 2019 because I found myself enjoying whenever it came on the radio. It's a song which was also in Spiderman- into the spider-verse and I enjoyed that movie. I felt that the movie brought more representation for youth because the main character was a person of color and I think it's important for stories to show different kinds of people, especially for children. I felt represented as well because of the Spanish in the movie. The movie and song are light-hearted which makes them easy to enjoy.

2. Best movie of 2019
Toy Story 4
Image result for toy story 4
This was my favorite movie of 2019 because I got to watch it in theatre's. I usually don't see movies in a cinema so it was a treat to be able to go with my family and I enjoyed the movie because I felt as though it was supposed to help the audience grow up as well.

3. Most important news of 2019

To me the most important news story of 2019 was the story of the El Paso shooting in Walmart which killed 22 people. It was important to me because I have family in El Paso and my cousins were about to go to that specific Walmart that day but they became too tired. The gunman drove 11 hours to kill Mexicans and it scares me that people are so hateful and violent today for ignorant reasons and it's scary. It makes it feel very real that racism exists because I'm not faced with much because I "look white" but when I'm with my mom or speaking Spanish I do get looks. It makes me scared I may be shot for being Mexican.

4. Most important person of 2019
Related image
To me the most important person in 2019 socially was Donald Trump. He caused a lot of national hatred and political unrest. People don't feel safe in our country having a leader that does not represent us, I'm including myself. Trump works to disrespect others and for corrupt reasons, I think it sucks but it's important to recognize. He is important, especially in 2019's history because he caused so many issues and I don't respect his actions.

5. Sport/ entertainment moment/person
The United States women's national soccer team won the 2019 World Cup.

Image result for 2019 world cup womens



1. Tell me what is the one thing that happened on your holiday that you will remember? It can be a trip, a family visit, a present, something fun.
I will remember visiting my Uncle in Monterrey and him telling my siblings and I that he and my aunt are expecting their first child. I'll have a cousin which is fun.

2. What are your resolutions for the 2020 year?
My resolution for 2020 is to be more positive and more carefree with my attitude to feel happier.

3. What are you looking forward to in 2020?
In 2020 I'm looking forward to turning 16, learning to drive, and getting a job.
















No comments:

Post a Comment