Saturday, September 21, 2019

Abandoned Theme Parks

1. Tell me which amusement park featured in the two articles that you would like to visit and take your camera along and what about that park made you want to go there. Write at least a paragraph.
 I'd want to visit TAKAKANONUMA GREENLAND, HOBARA, JAPAN because it seems very eerie. There are weird feelings attached to the images of the park and it's scary that some people died on the rides.You see the rust in the pictures and you feel as though you were the photographer. You feel like you're there and you're bein watched.

2. Post one photo from that park. You may use the photos from the link, or you can google an entirely new photo. 
I would prefer to see a photo of the park in disrepair and not a photo of it when it was still operating.

Image result for Takakanonuma Greenland
3. Think of at least FIVE other unusual places you think would be of interest to photographers. List them.
Abandoned towns, abandoned apartments, abandoned hospitals, old city buildings, old schools.

4. Use google or another search engine to research ONE of your five places and see if anyone has already started documenting that place. If you find that someone has already started - post at least one photo of their work.
The decaying community room of Brownsville General in Pennsylvania, USA. The dusty equipment and decaying beds of these forgotten US hospitals don't tell the full story
5. Write a paragraph about why you think that it would be fun to document that location. Tell me what interests you about that place and what kind of photos you could expect to take there.
I think it would be a fun experience because we're used to things being clean and comfortable in life. By entering a new environment such as a dirty, old, abandoned hospital shifts our point of view and we are able to capture pictures in a different way. We stop looking for how to please the viewer and instead focus on capturing what we're seeing. I'd expect to take pictures of dirty items and patient belongings, it interests me because there's a story behind the people who once were in the hospital and you don't know it.

6. Tell me what it would take for you to go and take photos at your location. What would you need as far as equipment goes, travel plans, expenses you might encounter and what laws you would have to take into consideration to take photos at your spot.
I'd need any kind of camera, unless I was going at night, then I would need an infra-red camera. I may need to drive there but I'd never really want to travel an incredible distance to go to a place that may not be as interesting as it seems. I'd have to make sure I'm not trespassing and ask law officials for permission to go into this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment