Thursday, November 21, 2019

Favorite Cover

Favorite:
Inspiring magazine covers
Martin Schoeller photographed Orange Is the New Black actress Uzo Aduba for the June 2015 cover of Stylist. The close up of Aduba’s face – with eyes squeezed shut and grin gap-toothed and joyful – is magnetic and jubilant.


This is my favorite portrait because I feel emotion conveyed from it. I also recognize the person on the cover and the way I feel about her adds to the emotion felt from the picture. I can feel her smile radiating from this picture and it makes me smile as well. The photographer followed the composition of simplicity by using a blank background, making the subject pop and dragged attention to her smile by putting a bright color on her lips. The lighting focuses on the center of her face, bringing the subtitle into view, then to her lips. Overall, the photographer used lighting and composition rules well to bring out the subject and her detailed smile.





No comments:

Post a Comment